Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Macau 2009 Day Three

A good journey must start with a good meal. Our 1st breakfast was okay, abit boring. so our journey that day was also abit boring too. Hahaha this looks like a scene from old Chow Yun Fat movies - sitting puny chairs at road side stalls eating local breakfast. But they still serve wonderful Pork Chop Buns.

We crossed the border into Zhuhai (Pearl River) - that's part of China. I am not very brave so I we didn't eat food from the little shophouses. went to look at their wet markets though. and i have never seen so much vegetable and pork in my life.



But these are really the fresh food people. Even i being a nood at marketing can tell it's very fresh. But if you are looking for dried goods like dried scallop etc, it is still better to buy it Macau or HongKong. My dad was conned. HAHAHAHAH.


bird nest egg tarts, pastry, zhu chang fen fried in XO saucecream buns, har kwau, siew mai, porriage - hmmmm my favourite kind of breakfast. *big grin*

Sight seeing - for 30 cents i got to see this OLD, OLD, OLD temple. I love the architecture. I think China's littered with old temples. But it feels great stepping into one.

Plus, you get to see real monks there. not like the ones in singapore who carry iPhones and drive Merchedes.. Whatever happened to those humble Buddhist teachings to be frugal and have no desires?

Then for S$2, I got to see this White Elephant in some random part of Zhuhai after a 90 min bus ride. Developed claustropohia because I couldn't really move much in my cramped seat and my ass nearly glued itself to the chair.

but I got to saw a real life bottle-tree!! So cute!!


Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket



The white elephant mentioned above was an amusement park + spa and that was just one small part it. It's even bigger than our National Stadium multiplied by two!!!

oh i nearly forgot to add. If you intend to buy fake branded bags and pouch - Zhuhai is the place to go. just don't get caught on the way into Macau.

Dinner was back at that same resturant because we had no idea whereelse to eat. I know breakfast was not bad but dinner was super oishii leh!! Plus it's so darn cheap!!

Oh~! You have no idea how fast I inhaled the food!! It's almost disgusting!! hahahhaha. but what to do? Food must be eaten when it's hot. I am a masochist - I love to eat food that's pipping hot. And for two people so ALMOST finish so much food. it's quite an achievement. Ha!




No comments: